Repair Cold Asphalt Material Safety Data
Product Name: Repair Standard Grade Cold Asphalt
1. Composition / Information On The Ingredients
Repair Standard Grade cold asphalt is a road surfacing and road maintenance material consisting of bitumen and crushed stone aggregates.
The product is packed in handy, spill free 25 kg yellow plastic bags. Binder: Petroleum distillate (Bitumen) CAS No88955-27-1.
Occupational Health and Safety Act: Annexure 1 OEL and BEI Tables.
Repair in its final packaged form and under normal use poses no hazards since the liquid bitumen and stone aggregates are integrated.
2. Hazardous Identification
EEC Hazard Classification: Not dangerous
Hazard Risk Symbols: None
3. First Aid Measures
Contact With Skin:
After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of soap and water (S28).
Contact With Eyes:
If substance has got into eyes, immediately wash out with plenty of water. Seek medical attention if irritation persists.
Rinse mouth with water (do not swallow).
Inhalation is unlikely to occur.
4. Fire-Fighting Measures
Not flammable and will not support combustion.
There are no specific hazards. In case of fire use extinguishing media appropriate to surrounding conditions.
5. Accidental Release / Disposal Measures
Collect as much as possible in clean container for reuse or disposal in landfill site.
Disposal should be in accordance with local, state or national legislation.
Wash thoroughly after use.
Keep containers / bags tightly closed in a cool, well-ventilated place. Store above 5ºC.
8. Exposure Controls / Personal Protection
Use a suitable barrier cream to protect skin and or wear suitable gloves.
9. Physical And Chemical Properties
- Solid, black, granules insoluble in water
- White spirit odour
- Boiling point - not applicable
- Flash point - not applicable
- Melting point - not applicable
- Auto-ignition point - not applicable
- pH - not applicable
- Bulk density approx 1.7 g/cm3 (loose)
- Vapour pressure - not applicable
- Water solubility - not applicable
- Fat solubility - not applicable
- Partition coefficient: n-Octanol/water - not applicable
10. Stability And Reactivity
11. Toxicological Information
12. Ecological Information
Presents no hazard to the environment.
13. Regulatory Information
The COSHH Regulations apply in the UK