Repair Cold Asphalt
Many different types of cold asphalt mixes are and have been available over the years and have been unsuccessful as permanent materials due to poor aggregate selection, inconsistent manufacturing, poor workablility and incorrect type of binder. Repair is manufactured under very stringent quality control conditions using only the best quality graded aggregates and penetration grade bitumen binder.
What distinguishes repair from others?
The Repair formulation contains five highly specialized additives. These additives are the secret of the success of Repair and the product has proven itself in the most extreme climates and conditions over an extensive period of time.
100% adhesion of the bitumen binder to the stone aggregate through complete displacement of moisture during the blending process
Maximum workability even during application in cold conditions
No stripping of stone aggregate after placement
Extended life of the final product though resistance against oxidisation
Extended shelf life if correctly stored (4 months and even longer)
GUIDELINES FOR THE APPLICATION OF REPAIR ASPHALT
The table below indicates estimated application rates per square metre of Standard Grade Repair Asphalt.
Application rate per m2
1 bag / 25kg per m2
1.5 bags per m2
1.8 bags per m2
2 bags per m2
The above are recommendations only and cannot be guaranteed, because we do not know how rough or smooth the base is.
Below are three examples for the calculation of quantities:
The area is 16 m by 1 m, then 16 x 1 = 16 m2
The required thickness is 15 mm, then
16 x 1 = 16 bags of Repair
The area is 23 m by 3 m, then 23 x 3 = 69 m2
The required thickness is 20 mm, then
69 x 1,5 = 103.5 bags of Repair, round up to 104 bags
The area is 34 m by 1, 6 m, then 34 x 1, 6 = 54.4 m2
The required thickness is 30 mm, then
54.4 x 2 = 108, 8 bags of Repair, round up to 109 bags
- Instant and permanent repair to potholes of any size / shape / depth.
- Infilling cable ducts, trenches and as a joint filler.
- Repairs to concrete, slab corners, cut outs, spalls.
- Reinstatement around manhole covers, landing lights, cats eyes, etc. (bonds well to metal / composite materials).
- Bridge deck and core hole repairs, ramping, construction of speed humps, rumble strips and complete surface overlays.
- Specified for motorways, aircraft runways, docks, highways, rail platforms, car parks, public utilities, etc.
- Used by all types of industry, builders and home owners.
Repair Cold Asphalt Facts
- Meets British Standard 4987 as permanent wearing course.
- Always use cold directly from the pack.
- No mixing, additives, tack coats, overcoating required.
- Abuts well to metal – no shrinkage.
- Immediately application completed – open area to traffic.
- Material formulated to remain flexible for some hours.
- No rutting out, marking or pick up on shoes/tyres.
- Use at temperatures -45°C to +60°C.
- Proven life of repairs minimum 10 years.
- Safe to use – non toxic – non flammable.
- Stored in closed sacks above 5°C, shelf life 4 months.
- Coverage approx 1m2 at 18mm compacted.
- Standard grade 6.7mm.
Basic Instruction on Repair Cold Asphalt
1. Brush out loose debris/water/oil from ANY shape hole.
2. Tip in Repair straight from the pack, completely fill cavity and overfill. For deep holes it is recommended to fill with Repair Roadbase material and seal with a 20mm layer of Repair.
3. Compact to level with shovel back or hand tamper. For large repairs use a vibrating roller/plate. If underfilled tip on more Repair and compact to level. Keep compactor wet with water to avoid sticking to material.
4. On completion of repair open immediately to traffic.
Easy and instant application
- Can be applied in all weather conditions.
- Maximum workability even in cold operating conditions.
- Proven life of repairs, a minimum of 10 years.
- Tested and specified by seven Provincial Roads Authorities and numerous Municipalities.